Saturday, April 21, 2007

Feature: Sarah Ridgley



Notes from the Artist:
I've been doing letterpress printing for about three years now, and I just love it. I use a Chandler & Price Newstyle press that my dad and husband moved for me one snowy December night. They deserve some credit, the thing weighed 1300 pounds! When I create my cards I use a mix of vintage and new printing blocks. One of my biggest thrills is going through flea markets looking for old type to rescue.

I love every part of the printing process- designing the project, putting the pieces together, mixing lovely ink colors, and then printing 'till my arm hurts! The "Note From an Outlaw" cards featured today are my favorites, and I receive rave reviews from everyone who purchases them. So go get yourself a set!

No comments: