Monday, July 23, 2007

things are better with a parrot



Notes from the Artist:
Simply beautiful. That is what I want people to think when they see my work. My designs reflect my love of vintage prints, patterns, & imagery, as well as nature - flowers, plants, & birds. I want people to see my greetings & stationery as small pieces of art to send others or to save for themselves. All my greetings, stationery, & prints are screenprinted & handmade by me with my gocco. Printing with a gocco is an amazing way to print large quantities of anything, yet still maintaining the handmade quality. Each note comes with a brown kraft envelope that is 100% recycled using post consumer waste for environmentally friendly mailing, which I believe to be very important. Everything is packaged in a glassine bag for protection, though I try to keep packaging down to a minimum to reduce waste & to let the work speak for itself.

No comments: