Saturday, September 8, 2007

Smack of Jellyfish



Notes from the Artist:
"If you were an octopus..." this card reads, "I would grow eight arms to hold you." This is the first in what will become a series of loving cards. I have some dark humor cards in my store as well, so this is the softer side of smackofjellyfish. I drew this octopus in charcoal while sipping tea on my houseboat in Alaska. I then digitally added some background color and the text. Smack of Jellyfish started as a project to illustrate collective nouns for animals (an army of ants, a flutter of butterflies, a murder of crows, etc.); I delight in quirky knowledge! So on the back of the octopus card, I included facts about octopi. Did you know that they will collect shells and other objects to adorn their underwater lairs? Fantastic!

No comments: