Sunday, June 8, 2008

PulpArt

Notes from the Artist:
I love how these pressed Bridal Wreath (Spiraea) look like a gorgeous bouquet of white flowers. I grow the botanicals that adorn my cards, pick them at their height of color and press them for many weeks before mounting them onto my handmade paper, then onto textured card stock. I make my handmade paper by recycling all kinds of high-quality paper from canceled checks to junk mail. I love that I am making beautiful cards from something that would have ended up in a landfill.

This listing is for a pack of five Bridal Wreath cards with a pistachio green border paper. Dill weed in the handmade paper adds texture and color, and sets off the beauty of the Bridal Wreath. Each card is one-of-a-kind and many people buy a group of cards and frame them together. EVERYTHING can be customized to your liking and I am happy to post photos so you can see before you buy.

Let’s see Hallmark do that for the same price!

These cards are perfect for all occasions, though I do have a lot of brides choosing them for their invitations and thank you notes. Cards are a standard A2 notecard size (5 1/2" by 4 1/4") and come with matching envelopes. Each blank card is individually packaged in an acid-free plastic envelope with a separate insert describing my process. I'd be happy to tie up the package of cards with raffia so it's ready for gift-giving.

1 comment:

erinberry said...

Awesome recycling job! Very impressive.