Friday, September 5, 2008

Friday feature



Etsygreetings is kicking off a new feature for Fridays. Each Friday you can meet one of our members and learn more about them and their shop. Our first featured artist in this new feature is a fairly new member, SalutationCreation. She joined etsy May 15, 2008. And now more about her:

1. Tell us about you and your shop.

I live in beautiful Longmont Colorado where the sun shines almost all the time. I am married with a son who is almost three. I work as a librarian at a busy downtown library and am going to school online to get my masters in Library Science (yes there is such a thing!) I began making cards years ago for my co-workers birthdays and thought of often trying to sell them to a wider audience. I had a friend who had heard about this online handmade site but couldn’t think of the name. I googeled it and the rest is history! I really enjoy the creative release that card making gives me. I think it has been essential for my mental well being.


2. How did you get started in your craft?

Strange, but I honestly can’t remember. It feels like I have been making cards forever!


3. What is your favorite material or tool?

I really love beautiful paper and little bits and pieces of vintage ephemera to make the cards unique.


4. Where do you get your design inspiration from?

I mostly get some of my inspiration from poking around flea markets and antique stores – but much of it just comes to my mind as I stare at the empty card stock. I fiddle with some color combos and before I know it, a card has been created!

No comments: