Friday, October 10, 2008

Friday feature

This Friday's featured artist is CabbagesandKingsArt.



1.Tell us about you and your shop. My name is Stephanie and I live in Pennsylvania with my husband and two playful dogs. We live right next to the Valley Forge National Park, which is where the dogs and I wish we could spend all of our time! I spend my days as a freelance Graphic Designer and Illustrator, and I also sell cards and prints at my Etsy shop.

2.How did you get started in your craft?
I have always loved all forms of Art. I got started in painting, switched to ceramics, and ended up with degrees in ceramics and graphic design. While pursuing the graphic design degree I fell in love with Illustrating. I prefer to send hand written cards instead of emails, so I combined my love of illustrating with my love of hand written notes, and the result is my cards!

3.What is your favorite material or tool?
The most important tool is definitely pen and ink. I hand draw all my images with a combination of the two. As for a favorite tool, I think it is my mac. Once I get all of my images scanned into my computer I get to spend time playing with different colors until I reach find a combination I love. That is my favorite thing to do!

4. Where do you get your design inspiration from? Vintage plant and animal books provide the biggest source of inspiration hands down. I could look through old books all day! I love the colors that were used in the illustrations as well as all the fine details.

2 comments:

Lee said...

your cards are so cute!

honeyfrog said...

Your cards are very pretty. After reading your profile I find that we have much in common. We both are graphic designers, live near the Blue Ridge Mountains, we both have families and dogs and we love greeting cards.

My question is: Have you seen this company yet?

VirginiaGreetingCards.com

This company has changed my life!