Friday, March 6, 2009

Friday Feature

This week's featured seller is ErinNims.





1. Tell us about you and your shop.

My name is Erin Nims. The place I call home is Newmarket, Ontario in Canada. I am a stay at home mother of two VERY energetic little boys, Noah (5) and Isaac (22 months). I spend my time doing lots of different things. I am a daycare provider for my neighbours, I am an independent beauty consultant with Mary Kay cosmetics, but what I am most passionate about is paper crafting! I have so much fun sitting at my kitchen table creating paper items. I use a variety of things to create my cards - rubber stamps, silk flowers,ribbon, and of course paper!! :) I opened my shop in November of 2008 and I am having so much fun being a part of the Etsy community!!!

2. How did you get started in your craft?

I have been a "scrapbooker" for about 10 years, and when I moved to my new house 2 years ago, my neighbour introduced me to card making. I thought homemade cards were so much more personal than cards you find at the stores. I originally just started making them to give to people, but then I realized that the greeting card industry is a billion dollar industry, so I thought I would try to sell my cards and make a bit of extra money.

3. What is your favorite material or tool?

My favorite material is simply enough, paper. I love beautiful papers. I use all kinds of different tools to make my cards but the first thing I always start with is a piece of paper. It's so much easier to create when you are working with a beautiful piece of paper.

4. Where do you get your design inspiration from?

I get my inspiration from so many different places - My kids, my husband, nature, the bible, books. You can find inspiration anywhere if you look with an open mind!

1 comment:

Jenna Hansen said...

Great feature, thanks for sharing Erin. :-) I started crafting greeting cards for the same reason as you.

~Jenna