Friday, May 22, 2009

Friday Feature

This week's featured seller is steliedesigns.



1.Tell us about you and your shop.

My name is Stephanie and I live in Minneapolis, MN with my husband and kids. Paxton and Avery are 4 years old and I am expecting another set of boy/girl twins in July. I am the designer and owner of Stelie Designs. Two years ago, I left my retail design career to stay home full-time with my kids and to work part time on my business from my home office. Now that I work from home, finding balance is key, just when I was getting it down, I got pregnant plus another 2 babies will arrive and I’ll need to find a new balance. Stelie Designs is about modern, fresh and fun designs for wedding invitations, baby announcements, personalized stationery, and greeting cards. I want to bring simple delights to everyone who receives one of my cards or invitations. The entire process from creation to completion is done in house by me. I’m passionate about designing and creating a great product and building relationships with my clients.

2.How did you get started in your craft?


I have been passionate about art and design my entire life. As a kid I made pictures and cards for my family. Then in my early 20’s I created shower invites, party invites and moving announcements for my dearest friends. Who said I should do this as a real job! For a long while I did Stelie Designs very very part time for family and friends until Fall of 2007, when I expanded it into an Internet business and have had clients from all over the world.

3.What is your favorite material or tool?

Paper is my favorite material, recycled paper actually. I love being able to create something special and have it be good for the environment as well. Oh and I can’t live without my computer, it turns my sketches into endless digital possibilities.


4.Where do you get your design inspiration from?


Everywhere! Trends, nature, my kids, fabric, interior design, magazines, etc. I never know when something will catch my eye and spark an idea, which I then sketch and draw on the computer, sometimes they turn out and sometimes they don’t.

No comments: