Friday, October 23, 2009

Friday Feature: CardsbyDeb




1. Tell us about you and your shop.
I am Debbie, a wife and SAHM of four kids ranging in age from almost 15 years old to almost 7 years old. This year my baby entered the wonderful world of first grade and all day school, which has left me lots of time to create! I have an obsession with scrapbook patterned paper and luckily my dear family was willing to let me have one of the bedrooms in our home to set up my studio/office and have space for all of my crafting supplies.

CardsByDeb opened shop at Etsy three years ago after hearing of the success of another local SAHM with her Etsy shop selling pillows and such. My success hasn’t even been a fraction of what she has seen, but I’m not giving up hope and continue to list and get excited with each sale.

2. How did you get started in your craft?
When my oldest child was born almost 15 years ago I received Creative Memories scrapbook supplies from a family member. From that moment on, I was hooked! I love to scrapbook memories for my family! In 2005 I began making cards to give to friends and family. A new love was discovered! I got to the point where I was making more cards than I had occasions to give away so I turned to the internet. At the time I was involved in an online forum that sold anything from used clothing to Pampered Chef to handmade purses. I posted a couple of Mother’s Day cards to see if there was any interest. I’ll say there was! I sold almost 300 cards in my first four months.

3. What tool can you not live without?
As simple as this may sound, I’d be lost without my paper trimmer! Each card requires paper cutting and my trimmer makes it so easy! Give me a new cutting blade and I’m in heaven!

4. What inspires you?
My customers inspire me – and sometimes challenge me! I love to create my own ideas, but I love the challenge of a request that I had never thought of before! I once had a customer request a birthday card that would be given from a pet. My creative juices flowed and I was able to create a card that my customer loved!

5. Name one favorite item from your store



My favorite item changes constantly. I’ll have a favorite, then I’ll create something new and it becomes my favorite. This is my current favorite. I am a huge fan of the colors robin’s egg blue and chocolate brown together, then add the big flowers, rhinestone brad, and chalked edges and you have a beautiful card!

3 comments:

Happy Elephant Designs said...

I've always been a fan, your stuff is gorgeous. Looking at them make me want to sit down and create! :)

Shannen

1CardCreator said...

Love your cards Debbie, thanks for sharing. ~Diane

christmas cards said...

it has been a pleasure to watch your collection