Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday Feature: Jumping Jack Designs




1. Tell us about you and your shop.

My shop features customized invitations, photo announcements and personalized greetings. Modern simplicity, original artwork and exceptional print quality are the backbone of my work.

I believe in designing uniquely simple and artistic paper goods through the creative use of color, art and beautiful papers.

Each greeting is assembled by hand with attention to the finest details for accuracy and quality.

2. How did you get started in your craft?
I began several years before we became a legit business. My first design was a simple announcement celebrating our marriage. After, I began making announcements and invitations for the celebrations in the lives of friends and family.

When strangers started calling, Jumping Jack Designs was born.

3. What tool can you not live without?
Love my Rotatrim Rotary Trimmer. It's a workhorse that allows for precision cutting and never needs any maintenance. I wish my printers were so well behaved!

4. What inspires you?
I try to find unexpected sources for inspiration. A fun fabric on the kid’s PJ’s, color combos from the yard, or great packaging in the supermarket. Design inspiration is everywhere if I’m in the right frame of mind.

When doing custom design, I ask clients to give me a brief description of their personal style. It is the single most important step in my design process.

5. Name one favorite item from your store



This changes with my mood. If I have to choose one, I’d say my favorite item for the holiday season is my “Gazing Snowman Photo Card”. I love how the snowman is gazing up at the photograph. He looks like he loves that little girl (my daughter) as much as I do!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not very good on the computer and this Etsy site seems very advanced.

I would like to invite Etsy crafters to show/sell/demonstrate at our Holiday Fair December 12, 2009 in Historic Riverdale Park, Maryland in Town Center. Booths are very reasonable.

Also would like to invite you all to show/sell/demonstrate at our Arts Festival Sunday May 2, 2010.

For further information and dealer form, email me Emily Fanning at ourdollmom@aol.com

Thank you for your support.

Emily Fanning, President
Riverdale Park Arts Council, Inc.
in Maryland - 1 mile south of Md. University next to the Hyattsville Arts District.

Cara said...

Great feature and your daughter is too cute! Great card.