Friday, December 11, 2009

Friday Feature: KittyKatKards




1. Tell us about you and your shop.
Hi, everyone! ::waves:: My name is Tina, 26, born and raised in Maryland, USA. My day job is at a public health non-profit organization.


During my free time you can find me working on my Etsy shop (KittyKatKards), wandering around the craft store, sweating at spin class, or baking all kinds of goodies.


KittyKatKards features mainly cards with origami on them, and occasionally, I sprinkle the shop with origami embellishments and stamped cards.

2. How did you get started in your craft?
I have folded origami since I was a kid. My mom taught me how to make samurai hats out of newspaper and then turn the hats into goldfish.


I only recently got into this homemade card kick seriously, and I thought that adding origami to the front of the card would add an interesting and eye-catching 3D effect. I started KittyKatKards in February 2008 as a creative outlet; the shop gives me a wonderful opportunity to share my creations with others.

3. What tool can you not live without?
My all-time favorite tool has got to be my guillotine paper cutter. The tool allows me to cut my scrapbook paper, origami paper, and cardstock quickly and efficiently. The ruler and guidelines help me cut the paper to exactly the right size.

4. What inspires you?
Color and life events are the biggest inspirations for me. I really enjoy pairing up different colors and patterns. The scrapbook paper aisle is my favorite section of the craft store. I’m like a kid in a candy store there!


As an example of life events inspiring me, going to see Twilight Saga movie, New Moon, inspired me to make some Twilight themed origami dress cards.

5. Name one favorite item from your store.




My origami panda card is my current favorite in my shop. I think the jiggly eye gives the panda an adorable expression and the cupcake is just too cute to resist!

No comments: