Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday Feature: StelieDesigns



1. Tell us about you and your shop
I am Stephanie Giesen-Kath, owner & designer of Stelie Designs. I am a work at home mom to two sets of boy/ girl twins (5 years & 9 months) and married to a wonderful guy. There is never a dull moment in our home and it’s only quiet when the kids are sleeping or gone.

Stelie Designs is about fresh, modern and fun designs for wedding invitations, baby announcements, personalized stationery, and greeting cards. I strive to bring simple delights to everyone who receives one of my designs.

The entire process from creation to completion is done in my home office.

I’m passionate about designing and creating a great product and building relationships with my clients. I also blog about my work, my kids, and melding the two.

2. How did you get started in your craft?
Design is in my blood.

My grandma and mom are talented artists and also fabulous at sewing. I can remember making cards and invitations in early college and after friends started asking me to do theirs.

After I created moving cards for a good friend she told me I should do this for a living. I did for a bit but then real life as a retail designer became time consuming and since it paid my bills, my business moved to the backburner, fast forward 5 years and I changed my career path.

I quit my corporate career to stay home full time with my young children, found etsy, set up shop and haven’t looked back.

3. What tool can you not live without?
My blackberry: it allows me to answer quick emails, list/renew items, etc. without heading down to my office.

Well maybe my computer: I draw and design everything with it.

4. What inspires you?
Nature, color, trends, clothing, my kids, architecture, fabric, words. Pretty much anything can spark an idea.

5. Name one favorite item from your store



One of my newest wedding invitation designs that came to me when I was feeding my babies.



My zoo print – I designed an owl 2 years ago at the beginning of the craze and have slowly added new animal drawings.

No comments: