Friday, June 29, 2007

Feature: Dote



Notes from the Artist:
I'm notorious for spotting an object or an image and immediately thinking of a story behind it or a new use from its original intention. I tend to be influenced by color and texture first and foremost. I have many different tastes, and I like to experiment with that in my cards. As a result, I never know if the next thing to come out of my studio will be humorous, modern, or elegant!

As a serious keeper-of-mementos, I try to make things that can be meaningful and worth keeping. I think card-making is an important art because it is the heartfelt, handwritten words we tend to archive in shoeboxes, and the image we choose to give someone with our words conjures such vivid memories -- contrary to a plain, printed page of email.

2 comments:

megs said...

Thank you so much for featuring my shop today!!!

A Punkin Card Company said...

Very funny! I love this card.