Monday, January 21, 2008

Junkyarddoll

Notes from the Artist:
For me, the joy in cards is re-introducing a worthy image to the world. I delight in tying together disparate items to draw a subtle visual comparison or shock by glittering up a biology text illustration of the female reproductive organs. I search vintage books of all types and stripes to find a sweet or provocative or
strange or touching image to be my muse. Many of these pictures have been waiting patiently between the covers of a book for 50, 60, even 75 years and, having matured gracefully, they are now MY version of fine wine.

1 comment:

Rose-Segrest said...

I admire Junkyards ability to take the old and discarded and to give them new lifein her creations, and she has done it again with her cards. Bravo Junkyard,
xoxo jenrosesgrest