Sunday, September 21, 2008

Inspirational Spark


Inspirational Spark will be a fortnightly inspiration challenge open to anyone, EtsyGreetings members and readers, crafters, artists, hobbyist alike working in any creative media, be it greetings or knitting, ceramics or painting, photography, even poetry. Every couple of weeks on Sunday a little idea will be posted for you to draw inspiration from for your creative work. You participate when you want, once or every time we introduce a twice monthly muse. Once you create your work come back to the post, leave a comment with a hyperlink to a photo of your work either on a photo site like Flickr or your blog, or even online marketplace, however linking back to a social networking media is better so people can get introduced to more of your work and they can leave feedback. This is a great way to connect to all kinds of artists and draw inspirations from all types of media. You never know where your next great idea may come from.

The weather has definitely been changing where I am and I'm thinking that no matter where we are we are noticing some changes, whether we are approaching autumn or spring. I love this time, autumn for me, because my wardrobe gets fun with layering and cozy sweaters, nifty shoes... So I thought this challenge should be about wardrobe. What is your favorite piece of clothing? Hats, shoes, sweaters, gloves, swim suits, toe socks?! Use clothing to inspire your creations.

When you have completed your work please post a link to it in the comments below. Look for another challenge in 2 weeks. We look forward to seeing your creations.


Do you have a theme idea for a future challenge? Please pass it along to Karin.




3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is an excellent idea for some cutie cute cards! I can't wait to start working on my design (it's already in my head) once I have a few free minutes. Sweaters are my favorite!

Unknown said...

Here oh here is my inspired card! Full of my favorite item of clothing for fall.... fun, bright, cozy sweaters! Thanks for the inspiration!

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=15634906

Anonymous said...

Icepepper, cute design. I love sweaters too and have recently dug out mine from storage and I bought 3 new ones lately too!