Friday, May 15, 2009

Friday Feature

This week's featured shop is Bear River Photo Greetings.




1. Tell us about you and your shop.

Bear River Photo Greetings is the name of my shop, and I am Angie, the owner and designer. I am a Christian wife and the SAHM to 2 boys…a teen and a toddler. We just adopted the toddler recently through our foster care system. Both of our boys are “special needs”, with the teen being more of a severe case, while the toddler is a mild case. I am blessed to be able to stay at home, even though we live in a “2 income world”. We are very blessed to have Bear River Photo Greetings, as it is a way for me to earn extra income to help supplement my husband’s income.
In my “spare” time, I enjoy spending time with my family, reading, scrapbooking, sewing, baking, and going fishing. I am addicted to chocolate, and I really enjoy going to the beach too.

2. How did you get started in your craft?

I have enjoyed making paper cards for the past several years, to sell, and to give as greeting cards from our family. When I realized that I could create digital scrapbook pages, and other digital files like Etsy banners, and business card designs, I figured it was just natural that I move into creating digital photo greeting cards. I’m glad I did, because I LOVE it!


3. What is your favorite material or tool?

My favorite materials are my customers’ photos. I can create a nice photo greeting card, but when I get to put the personal photo of a customer into the card, it just makes me feel so good that my creation was good enough for them to want to put their photos in! Does that make sense?


4. Where do you get your design inspiration from?

I have to say that I can only give God the credit for my “inspiration”. He has given me this creative mind that just seems to keep thinking and picturing things. Sometimes, it’s hard to fall asleep at night because I have design ideas going through my head. I feel truly blessed that He has chosen to gift me this way. Plus, I have a large family—both hubby’s side and mine. I love to send greeting cards, and photo greetings are even more fun. I also love receiving photo greeting cards. It seems a little more personal. So, my inspiration comes through what I would enjoy giving to my friends and family.

No comments: