Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday Feature

This week's featured seller is Lilly Pea Designs.



1. Tell us about you and your shop.

I’m Jen! I am recently married to a wonderful man, and the proud “mom” of two very loving dogs. Currently my life is in limbo as my husband is graduating with his PhD in a few weeks; which means big life changes for us such as moving to a new city, starting new jobs and finding a new home! I am the creator and owner of Lilly Pea Designs; a selection of adorable hand made cards. All of my cards are designed by me. Most of my cards are hand stamped and blank inside. Just a few I use a laser printer for sentiments. But every card is hand cut, hand scored, and hand made!

2. How did you get started in your craft?

Shortly after graduating college I found myself to have a lot of free time. My boss at the time turned me onto card making and the love for paper crafting began! Last year I made wedding invitations for a friend, and then later made my all the stationary for my wedding (save the dates, invitations, thank yous, program, etc) and realized that I could mass produce pretty quickly. With encouragement with my family and friends I decided to go for my dream of selling my creations by opening an Etsy Shop in last November.

3. What is your favorite material or tool?

Oh what a tough question, as I’m really addicted to buying supplies. I would say hands down my favorite material is paper; I buy it by the pounds (literally). I currently have way more of it then can fit in my little crafting nook.
My favorite tool I’m is something I can’t live without... my light box - although it’s not my favorite tool for creating it’s definitely my most favorite tool to show off my cards as accurately as possible on my blog and shop.


4. Where do you get your design inspiration from?

Inspiration to create comes from purchasing new supplies, browsing a catalog, flipping through a magazine, checking out a blog... But my design is a reflection of personalities. My favorite way to create is to think of someone and design a card based on their personality, which is why a lot of my cards are named after people. It’s pretty fun giving special meanings to my artwork… what’s that saying “A picture is worth a thousand words?”

2 comments:

Robin Pedrero said...

I luv Lilly Pea Designs! Great interview!

Unknown said...

What a great blog....and LilyPea, you are the greatest! I love your cards.