Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday Feature: Cheryloz



1. Tell us about you and your shop.
From as long as I can remember, I have always loved art. As a child, I would never be without my bag of Crayola markers and my sketchbook. All throughout school I studied art, and in 1998 I graduated from The College for Creative Studies in Detroit, MI, majoring in Art Direction/Graphic Communications. Since then I've maintained a career in advertising -- until recently.
My true passion however, is my time spent in my home studio where I create all of the fun stuff I do for my Etsy store & blog. I enjoy watercolor & acrylic painting, drawing & sketching, needle-felting, paper crafting and so much more. At the end of the day, happiness for me is creating, and if my art makes someone else happy, that's the ultimate reward!

2. How did you get started in your craft?
I guess you could say I was born with it... because from as far back as I can remember I've always loved to create art. I suppose most children do, but I remember being very passionate about it at a very young age.
When asked as a child, I would always say I wanted to be an artist when I grew up... and finally I can say without reservation that is what I am.

3. What tool can you not live without?
Oh my gosh, without a doubt it's my Sanford Pro-Touch Mechanical Pencil. I've had it since my days in art school and I don't even think they make them anymore. I have two in case I lose one, but I'll be so sad if I do. I take it everywhere my sketchbook goes.

4. What inspires you?
I never know when inspiration will strike... so for me it can happen when I'm out and about enjoying life. I am lucky that I have a very supportive family, group of friends and especially my husband, Jeff and I think that in itself is truly inspirational.

5. Name one favorite item from your store.

Now typically I would say one of my watercolor illustrations, because really watercolor painting is my favorite thing to do... but recently I got into making a little jewelry out of polymer clay, acrylic paints and some Swarovski crystals, so I'm going to say my Berry Branch Fine Art Pendant. It would make a great Mother's Day gift!

No comments: