Friday, September 4, 2009

Friday Feature: AndreaGayle Photography + Design




1. Tell us about you and your shop.




AndreaGayle Photography + Design caters to those who love simple + modern
= paper design. Bursts of color on white, fun patterns + simplicity are what we LOVE. Most of our work is custom, but we are now starting to include pre-designed items, such as thank you cards, party packs, and fill in party invitations. All of our designs are flexible, so colors and text can always be changed, just ask! We also specialize in lifestyle photography in Northern Virginia. It's a great way to incorporate those family pictures into the stationery you purchase.

2. How did you get started in your craft?
I've always had a love for creativity and art. When I was a kid it was drawing, then photography. When I went to college for soccer I put it aside to focus on physical education and health. Now that I'm a mom, I love the creative release graphic design and photography gives me. I officially opened my doors as Invitations By Design in 2005 and in January 2009 became AndreaGayle Photography + Design. I'm loving every minute and can't wait to see what the future brings!

3. What tool can you not live without?
Adobe Creative Suite, My Camera, My Mac!

4. What inspires you?
Anything and everything from interior design magazines, to nature, to the laughter of my children. I find inspiration from colors and patterns mostly, but pictures of weddings and parties inspire me too.

5. Name one favorite item from your store


Hmm that's a tough one. I would have to say right now my favorite items "Writeables" for the holidays. They are a stylish, yet affordable way to say Happy Holidays to your friends and Family. My favorite is Flurries, but they all are FUN!

No comments: